Alamexo Cantina – This new comer to the 9th and 9th area is upto full speed and now open for lunch. Closed on Mondays the Cantina’s new hours are as follows:
Tuesday – Saturday: 11.30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Sunday: 11.30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
We’ve written about the Cantina a few times recently, the more casual option to it’s big sister downtown. See more in our new restaurant roundup here: https://www.gastronomicslc.com/2017/10/16/new-restaurants-october-2017/
1059 East 900 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84105
Phone: (801) 658-5859
Cafe Trio – Starting October 24th and running through November 28th all locations of the Trio operation will be offering a customer appreciated promo. Any lunch item will be offered for just $10. Menu options include:
* Roasted beets – avocado, goat cheese, shaved fennel, quinoa, arugula, blackberry vinaigrette
* Lemon chicken – romaine, caper berries, celery, lemon vinaigrette
* BLT – romaine, tomato, smoked bacon, croutons, gorgonzola dressing
* Chopped pistachios – beets, cucumber, feta, citrus, verjus vinaigrette
* Caesar – romaine, pecorino, focaccia croutons, creamy garlic dressing
avocado 1.50 | local egg 2.00 | chicken 4.00 | petite salmon 6.00
Panini & sandwiches
* Gran biscotto ham, brie, apricot mostarda, ciabatta
* Warm pastrami – fontina, trio slaw, whole grain mustard aioli, ciabatta
* BLT – applewood smoked bacon, romaine, tomato, parmesan aioli, ciabatta
* Trio club – chicken, smoked bacon, fontina, lettuce, tomato, pesto aioli, focaccia
* Vegetarian – white bean puree, whole grain mustard, portobello, avocado, fontina
Stone fired pizzas
* Cheese – parmesan, mozzarella, provolone, fresh herbs, balsamic drizzle
* Italian sausage – pepperoni, caramelized onions, roasted peppers, mozzarella
* BBQ chicken – trio bbq sauce, smoked mozzarella, caramelized onions, chives
* Pomodoro – spaghetti, organic plum tomatoes, mozzarella, basil butter, olive oil
* Baked penne – gran biscotto ham, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, garlic cream sauce
Downtown | 680 900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102 | (801) 533-8746
Cottonwood | 6405 S 3000 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84121 | (801) 944-8746
Park City | 585 N Landmark Dr, Park City, UT 84098 | (435) 649-9654
CY Noodles House – Some small changes at this South Salt Lake noodle joint. Recently announced on Facebook:
We’ve moved!!!! Still in the same plaza but west of the plaza so if you used to coming in from state street, now find us from the Main Street!!!!! Come try our expanded menu!!!!
No specifics on how the new menu reads, bar some comments about extra rice and noodle dishes. I will report back with more info should we receive it. Previously CY was home to some strong Sichuan cuisine, so I have my fingers crossed.
3390 S State St, South Salt Lake, Utah 84115
Johnniebeefs – In sad news, this Fort Union hot dog operation is set to close. On Facebook this week the restaurant wrote:
It’s time to say “GOODBYE”…..Johnniebeefs will be closing on Saturday October 28th.
For ever….and ever…and ever……
Stop in and pick up a dog or a beef……………..
Hours are…………..Monday-Thursday 11-5, Friday and Saturday 11-9 pm, closed Sunday……………Last day is 10/28/17!!
Thank you…will miss you…..
Let us all shed a tear and mourn, their Italian beef sandwiches drenched in gravy were magical. Go grab a dog or five while you can.
6913 S 1300 E, Cottonwood Heights, UT 84047
The Mandarin – The Bountiful restaurant’s yearly Woktoberfest is back for 2017 and its 10th year. It runs October 16th through 26th (except Friday and Saturday) and offers over a dozen special menu items, small plates and local micro-brews. The restaurant recently opened after an interior remodel. Woktoberfest menu prices range from $1.25-$7.00, items include:
to $7.00 and include:
Szechwan chicken wings
Crab cream cheese won tons
Bon bon chicken
Tea cup of hot and sour soup
Tea cup of chicken creamed corn soup
Kung pao shrimp
Coconut thai curry chicken
Satay chicken noodles
Mu shu pork
Spicy chicken rice with local corn and zucchini
Locally grown eggplant with garlic sauce
Locally grown green beans with mushrooms
Ginger ice cream, lychee, longan, dried mango
Pumpkin Bread Pudding, spiced pepitas, bourbon butter sauce
348 900 N, Bountiful, UT 84010
Red Moose Cafe – Chef Katie Weinner behind SLC POP and Top chef fame is now Launching ‘The Red Moose After Dark’ on November 2nd. The Red Moose was most recently the location for Weinner’s pop up dining events. She’ll be cooking up international, comfort food four-nights a week: curries, ramen and more, all under $15.
Reservations not required for this new venture. For menus and uptown the minute see their Instagram feed at: https://www.instagram.com/redmooseafterdark/
1693 900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84105
Proper Burger Co. – Brunch is now served Saturday and Sundays, In addition to the tried and tested burgers, the restaurant will also be offering egg-centric breakfast classics and a number of plant-based options too. The new brunch menu is available 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday along with $3 bloody Marys and mimosas (those start at 10:30 don’t forget).
865 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Stanza – New chef Jonathan LeBlanc and in house pasta chef Dan Varas have created an entirely new vegan friendly menu. No small task with Italian cooking. Not just an afterthought, the robust and delicious menu includes small plates and salads, entrées, pastas and dessert. Both chefs feel strongly that cooking for a full range of diners is important. LeBlanc was adamant that he didn’t want to just “change up a dish,” but that each should be as carefully and artistically created as every menu item. Prices range between $7 and $17 as follows:
Varas, who cooks regularly for vegan friends and staff, has worked closely with LeBlanc on this menu saying:
I have been passionate about vegan cuisine for over 15 years, I love creating spontaneous market specials that are exciting and tasty
454 E 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Under Current – The downtown bar is now offering special pricing on High Tide happy hour bites from Current Fish & Oyster’s award-winning kitchen Monday through Thursday from 10 p.m. until midnight and all-day Sunday. Included in the High Tide menu are specialties from chef Alan Brines, including
* Minterbrook oysters from Gig Harbor, WA with cucumber mignonette and house made cocktail sauce for $1 each
* house marinated olives with fresh herbs for $2
* house cut fries with remoulade, togarashi-garlic aioli and fry sauce for $3
* carnitas taco with avocado chimichurri and cabbage slaw for $2
* ale battered fish with remoulade, shishito pepper and spicy slaw for just $6
* chef’s favorite potted smoked salmon with avocado chimichurri and caper berry and rye crackers for $7
These High Tide late night specials are offered in addition to the daily specials:
* $1 off oysters on Mondays
* half-priced steamed buns on Tuesdays
* $6 featured wine and half price charcuterie on Wednesdays
* $10 Under Current burger on Thursdays
279 300 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84111