Spencer’s For Steak And Chops – I’ve always loved the Rat Pack era vibe at Spencer’s, but the next pairing dinner featuring Balvenie Scotch and cigars to finish, sounds like it will take things to the next level. Here’s the full menu courtesy of new executive chef Sebastian Lowrey:
The dinner will be held on Friday, July 7th at 6.30 p.m. GM Jeremy Gow told me, “I have been wanting to do a dinner on the Hilton Patio space for over a year and by working with Young’s Market over the past few months, we have been able to make this happen. I think this will be one of the best dinners we have done yet!
We are partnering with Balvenie, some of my favorite Scotch. They opened their doors in 1892 and we are going to be tasting through almost all of their offerings. The price for this dinner is $80 for the food and $45 for the Scotch pairings. ( I will be selling the 21 year Scotch in Spencer’s for about $40 a glass so $45 is a great price to taste all of these!
I have also been working with a local cigar shop and the owner has been to the Balvenie Distillery twice! He will be providing some options for a cigar pairing with some of the scotches. ”
Hilton Salt Lake City Center
255 S W Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Eat Drink Salt Lake City 2017 – Following on from our preview of Eat Drink SLC 2017 we now have some more details to share. How about the full menu for this years event? You got it, here goes:
* Gelato cookie sandwiches
* Manhattan stracciatella gelato
* Sweet and salty cocktail mix cookie
* Pickled beet and duck confit salad
The Blended Table
* Watermelon radish spring roll with peanut plum dipping sauce
* Juniper cured beef tenderloin with horseradish cream
* Charred octopus, white bean olive hummus & hearts of palm
* Watermelon gazpacho
* Tuna poke, guajillo chile, mango, avocado, sesame and wonton
* Veggie pie, spinach fataye
* Meat pie, natchitoches
Fire & Slice
* Wood fire pizza topped with fresh arugula tossed in a white balsamic and honey vinaigrette
* Margherita Pizza
Fireside On Regent
* Cracked pepper and chèvre gougere with tarragon egg salad
* Mini Club Sandwiches with house made farmer’s cheese
* Wings with homemade Brickyard honey mustard sauce
* Pork albondigas in red sauce with crumbled feta cheese & pickled herb salad
* Balsamic braised beets, horseradish skordalia, champagne vinaigrette
* House made pita with herbed falafel & spicy green tahini Sauce
Park City Culinary Institute
* Vino cotto profiteroles, goat cheese, cream cheese, red and yellow bell peppers, parsley, chives
Proper Burger Co
* Confit melon soup with silken tofu and candied almond
* Smoked organic chicken liver mousse, rhubarb compote, basil, pistachio, toast
* Small batch seasonal ice cream selection
* IPA brined fingerling potato chips, caramelized onion mousse
* Watermelon bruschetta, marinated, cucumbers, feta, fresh basil
* Arancini with peperonata sauce & bruschetta
* Heirloom tomato salad with house cured, pancetta, bagna cauda and crispy quinoa
* Pretzel bites with smoked sausage, pickled mustard seeds and horseradish
* Korean style BBQ pulled pork slider with pickled cabbage, cilantro and lime
* Smoked BBQ chicken slider with pickled cabbage, pasta salad tossed in an orange vinaigrette
White Horse Spirits & Kitchen
* Beef tenderloin tartare with bone marrow mayo, slow cooked egg yolk and rye toast
* Vegan Cheeses, cashew smoked gouda, Billy’s buzzed sunflower cheddar & coconut, jalapeno brie
As well as the food, I’ve had a sneak preview of the full drinks menu too – which has more than 100 offerings ranging through wine, beer and mixed drinks featuring plenty of local names too.
Tickets for the three hour July 6th event are $90 and can be purchased online at: http://eatdrinkslc.com/buy-tickets/.
Update: I am told there are less than 80 tickets left to the event now, they;ll go fast from here on out…
Salt Lake Food & Wine Fest – EDSLC also serves as the opening event for this inaugural festival that runs July 7 to 13. Other events on the calendar include:
July 7 and 8
Wine education seminars
Themed wine seminars like Vive la France, A is for Argentina, and Premium Ports will be hosted by Cliff Dining Pub, Kimi’s Chop and Oyster House, Finca, East Liberty Tap House, Manoli’s, and Cucina.
Saturday, July 8
Bubbles & lunch
Location: Encore Bistro at Eccles Theater
Three course lunch and sparkling wine will be served at this new, downtown bistro. Music by DJ Christopher Gawel.
Time: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, July 8
Meet your maker
Sponsored by Alpine Distilling, Beehive Distilling, Dented Brick Distillery, Mountain West Cider, Sugarhouse Distillery, and Waterpocket Distillery
Get schooled in the art of producing spirits and mixology from Utah’s local, craft distilleries. Music by DJ Christopher Gawel
Location: Park City Culinary Institute, Salt Lake City Campus
Time: 3 to 6 p.m.
Sunday, July 9
Wine education dinner and “meet the maker” led by Melinda Kearney of Lorenza
Location: East Liberty Tap House
Time: 5.30 to 8.30 p.m.
Reservations not required
Monday, July 10
Progressive food & spirits walk
Walk, dine, and sip specialty cocktails by local distilleries Alpine, Beehive, and Dented Brick. Music by DJ Gawel
Location: 15th & 15th neighborhood at Mazza, Trestle Tavern, and Caputo’s.
Time: Three start times at 6:00, 6.30 and 7 p.m.
Tuesday, July 11
Progressive food & wine walk
Walk and enjoy food and drink pairings at three participating restaurants.
Location: Stanza, Current, and Gourmandise
Time: Three start times at 6, 6.30 and 7 p.m.
Participating restaurants will feature special offerings and menus all week long as well. “Given the extent to which Salt Lake’s food and beverage scene has evolved and matured, SLARA believes this is the ideal time to launch an annual event that promotes and celebrates the fact that we have become a significant culinary capital of the Mountain West,” says Michele Corigliano, executive director of SLARA. “The Salt Lake Food & Wine Fest will feature a range of delectable events designed to showcase our area’s top talent while appealing to both culinary novices and connoisseurs.”
More info at www.slfoodandwinefest.com