Blind Dog Restaurant And Sushi – Park City is always a reliable destination to beat the Summer heat and if you currently have that in mind, the patio at this restaurant is now open. Enjoy seafood, sushi, steaks, wine and cocktails as the sun sets behind the Wasatch. As well as the patio opening, a number of Summer specials continue to run each week:
* Tuesdays – 1/2 Price and apps menu from 5 p.m. in the bar
* Wednesdays – 1 per freshly shucked Blind Dog Oyster from 5 p.m. in the bar
* Thursdays – 1 ¼ lb lobsters served with drawn butter and lemon for $20 each. Plus, a range of lobster inspired dishes like the badass lobster bake, lobster sushi roll, lobster taco’s and lobster mac & cheese.
As ever, VIP Club members are currently eligible for 2 for 1 entrées as well, just sign up on their site.
1251 Kearns Blvd, Park City, UT 84060
Cowboy Grub – Always sad news when a long standing business closes, and this multi year staple recently announced that very thing on Facebook:
“Cowboy Grub has been a substantial part of our lives for the last 35 + years. We both worked for Chris’s father in our younger years, before buying it from him more than 25 years ago when we married. Perhaps the most rewarding aspect of owning Cowboy Grub has been getting to know so many young people over the years. We have enjoyed the part we’ve been able to play in young lives as the “first job,” or the job where many of them have earned money for missions, college, and major life experiences. Cowboy Grub has also been the place where many of our employees have formed lasting friendships and even met future spouses.
Furthermore, our patrons have always felt more like family to us. Being blessed to be in business for as long as we have, we’ve been provided with the opportunity to literally watch your families grow. We love that we’ve been the gathering place for birthdays, graduations, missionary farewell lunches and homecoming dinners, wedding breakfasts, baby showers and funeral wakes. The best part of our job is knowing these fine details – the small things in life that change our interaction from proprietor/patron to one of friends and family.
These relationships are the source of our deepest regret in our decision to close Cowboy Grub…”. Read more on the post.
3336 S 2300 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Even Stevens – Summer additions are now hitting the menu across this mini-chain’s locations. Created by chef Brandon Price the new items are, “all about food on the go, and these new bites are the perfect on the go treat! Grab it for your next picnic, road trip, party or stop in and devour it while listening to some excellent live music. All of these bites are under $5, so you won’t need to break the bank to enjoy some good eats!“. Items include:
* Brussels sprouts – roasted brussels sprouts, bacon, house maple glaze, $3.25
* Shishitos – blistered shishito peppers, radishes, cilantro, soy glaze, brava aioli, sriracha, $3.25
* Beer cheese and pretzel Sticks, $4.95
In addition there’s also a range of new from scratch salads:
* Chicken, berry & oats-roasted chicken, warm house granola, spinach, spring mix, blueberries, feta, berry vin, $8.95
* BLT chopped – chopped iceberg, pork belly, gorgonzola, avocado, grape tomatoes, house kettles, blue cheese or ranch dressing, $8.95
* Chicken & beets – roasted chicken, diced beets, spinach, arugula, pecans, goat cheese vin, croutons, $8.95
SLC: 414 E 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111 | (385) 355-9105
Sugar House: 2030 900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84105 | (801) 953-0357
Draper: 541 E 12300 S, Draper, UT 84020 | (801) 980-0755
Ogden: 2214 Washington Blvd, Ogden, Utah | (385) 333-4194
Logan: 131 North Main St, Logan, Utah | (435) 213-3913
St George: 471 St. George Blvd, St. George, Utah | (435) 251-6636
Father’s Day Specials – A number of restaurants have specials for this weekend’s Father’s Day as follows:
Apex, Burgers and Bourbon @ Montage
Both of these Montage restaurants will be serving new flights to celebrate bourbon and whiskey connoisseurs this Father’s Day. Choose from the Barrel Strength Flight, 100 Proof – Bottled in Bond, or the Rye Flight. The restaurants’ full menus will also be on offer.
Free dessert. This top spot for California-Mexican cuisine will be serving free dessert for dads with the purchase of any entrée (limit one free dessert per table).
Deer Valley Grocery Cafe
New summer menu. Enjoy the view on the lakeside deck and celebrate Father’s Day with a new summer menu featuring seasonal toasts, the new breakfast plate and our delicious salad bowls of the day.
Free French toast. On Father’s Day every location will offer free unlimited french toast for dads all day Sunday (9 a.m. through 4 p.m.).
Glitretind @ Stein Eriksen Lodge
Brunch. Stein’s famous Sunday brunch will be serving a host of special items for Father’s Day. Enjoy “dad” cuisine like carved prime rib, BBQ ribs, roasted grilled chicken and more.
The area’s longest-running steakhouse is bringing a taste of the sea to Park City. Dads receive a complimentary 6-oz. cold-water lobster tail with any grilled steak or prime rib. A range of desserts and Grub Steak’s famed salad bar will also be on offer.
High West Distillery @ Wanship
Brunch. The award-winning distillery at Wanship will be serving its new Sunday brunch buffet for Father’s Day, featuring eggs to order, a tri-tip carving station, French toast with whiskey maple syrup, fruit, meats, cheeses, and much more. Whiskey flights, mimosas, and High West cocktails will be available, and loads of gifts perfect for Father’s Day will also be on offer at the general store, including flasks, hats and bottled spirits.
Sunday brunch buffet, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Adults $58, kids 4-10 $30, three and under $10.
Powder @ Waldorf Astoria
Three-course prix fixe. Treat dad to a hearty three-course tasting menu for just $45 at this top-flight destination for modern-mountain fare. Add custom beer pairings for only $20.
Red Rock Park City
Red Rock, home to award-winning craft beers and delicious food at Red Rock Junction, will be featuring steak and beer specials for Father’s Day, plus $2 Bloody Marys and mimosas.
Brunch buffet from 10 a.m. till 1 p.m. $40 adults, $20 children 12 and under.
Versante @ Park City Peaks
This spot for hearth-baked pizzas, street breads and pastas will be serving a special breakfast for Father’s Day. Dig into classic brunch selections from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., then from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., enjoy Versante’s dinner menu along with live music from 5 to 7 p.m. A special Father’s Day chef’s menu with beer-pairing options will be available, in addition to the restaurant’s regular menu.
Sunday brunch 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. featuring classics and unique Asian brunch specialties.
Fireside On Regent – At this new Regent Street restaurant, brunch is now being served 10.30 till 2 p.m. Menu as follows:
* Slice of ice – sliced iceberg lettuce, sundried tomato aioli, “landshark” ham, poached egg & chives, $11
* Brussel sprouts – brown butter, bacon, shallot, house ricotta, citrus poached egg & chives, $12
* Crepe cake – crepe mille feuille with farm greens and ricotta
* Milk run – basil, tomato, mozzarella, $16
* Pink pine – fennel sausage, tomato, leek, shishito pepper, mozzarella, $19
* Baldy – garlic oil, valle d’aosta fontina, artichoke, parma prosciutto, farm egg, & baby greens, $22
* BLT Pizza – garlic oil, chopped bacon, iceberg lettuce, tomato, mayo, $17
Eggs, sandwiches and sweet
* Croque madam – grilled ham and cheese, two farm eggs, bechamel, $14
* Croque Monsieur – grilled ham and cheese with beschamel, $12
* Almond French toast – berry compote and maple syrup, $14
* Royal burger – akaushi waygu, caramelized spring onion, lettuce, tomato, slab bacon, roquefort papillion, and fried egg, $19
* Granola w/ fruit – yogurt & Clifford honey
* Chicken hash – egg, mascarpone and tomato
* Classic breakfast – two eggs, country potato, and bacon
126 S Regent Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Gospel Brunch – The Gateway’s Gospel Brunch which we’ve wrote about before, is set to become a permanent fixture. Throughout the rest of summer, Gospel Brunch will be held the second Sunday of each month. Brunch includes delicious mimosas, a Bloody Mary bar by Tito’s Handmade Vodka and music by the Debra Bonner Unity Gospel Choir, a performance group that tours the country. Local favorite Cubby’s Chicago Beef offers their new “spicy-beef-and-garden-fresh” breakfast items, with beverages provided by 3 Cups Coffee.
Tickets are $19 each for brunch and an additional $3 for each drink ticket. http://bit.ly/gospelbrunchgateway.
Union Pacific Depot, The Gateway, 400 W S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Meditrina – The massively popular tapas Tuesday’s are back at Meditrina’s new digs on 9th South. What is tapas Tuesday? How about unlimited plates from Meditrina’s small plate menu for just $28 per person. Yep, you read that right. The restaurants Facebook post indicates this could be time limited so get down there fast.
Don’t forget Meditrina’s sister restaurant out in Daybreak has all you can eat ribs for a measly $20 on Wednesdays as well!
165 W 900 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Michelangelo’s On Main – Running now until July 12th, the downtown Italian on Main Street is offering a set three course special, Monday through Wednesday, 5-9 p.m. For just $12 diners can choose from:
Course one, choice from
* Bruschetta – toasted ciabatta, tomatoes, basil, garlic, onions, olives, capers, oregano, olive oil, balsamic
* Arancini – deep fried risotto ball stuffed with beef, peas mozarella. Served with pomodoro sauce.
Course two, choice from
* Beef of vegetable lasagne
* Fettucine Gianfranco – fettucine with basil pesto, cream, chicken
* Rigatoni Sicilian – oven baked rigatoni with tomato sauce, sausage, mushrooms
132 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Oasis Cafe – Chef Efren Benitez has created special a number of three-course specials meals for the month of June that are light, healthy and perfect for patio dining under the stars. Priced at just $30 and changing weekly to take opportunity of the freshest ingredients, the nightly three course dinner specials are as follows (starter course of soup or salad also included):
June 5 – June 11
Scallop and tiger prawns with coconut basmati rice, broccoli, yellow curried sauce, with strawberry tres leches cake for dessert
June 12 – June 18
Seafood pappardelle pasta with anisette cream sauce, snow pea, carrot and chef’s Effren’s surprise for dessert
June 19 – June 25
Pan roasted mahi-mahi, sweet mash potato, mango salsa, ginger vinaigrette with upside down peach ala mode to end the meal
June 26 – July 2
Sweet herb risotto, grilled chicken breast, baby sweet heirloom tomato salad, watercress and brownie cheesecake
151 S 500 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Pallet – A range of beautiful dishes are now being offered at this downtown fine dining restaurant. Sous chef Jerry Pacheco sent me this stunning snaps to share with our readers – and as pictures speak a 1000 words, rather than ramble on, I’ll just let you cast your eyes over those five plates.
237 400 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Provisions – Chef and owner Tyler Stokes’ East side eatery is now open for lunch per a recent Facebook post.
3364 S 2300 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Stanza – This downtown Italian restaurant’s patio is now in full Summer swing – open for lunch and dinner. Speaking of lunch, three new menu items are hitting the day time menu right now:
* Salsiccia Italiana – housemade Italian sausage, diavolo sauce, grilled onion, red bell pepper, smoked provolone, baci roll
* Chicago Italian beef – ten hour roasted top sirloin, giardiniera, provolone, red pepper, baguette
* The Capri – heirloom tomato, whole milk mozzarella, basil, baby arugula, aged balsamic, ciabatta
454 E 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111