Spencer’s – Oysters… I’ve eaten thousands. Uni, pfft, I eat that every month. Sweetbreads, please, we’re gourmands here. But camel? Even among hard core foodies, I’d wager few have sampled dromedary with piri piri sauce. If you’re game – no pun intended – head to Spencer’s on February 25th for a menu like no other. Given free reign to flex his creative muscles once more, chef Michael Pleines is serving a seven course menu replete with diverse ingredients. And yes, there will be steak.
Held in Spencer’s private dinning room 6.30 p.m. onward, the eclectic menu will be matched by equally varied pours from local experts Vine Lore. Cost is $80 for food and $45 for optional pairings. Reservations via GM Jeremy Gow at Jeremy.Gow@Hilton.com or (801) 238 4887. Seven course menu with all pairings is as follows:
Hilton Salt Lake City Center, 255 S W Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Encore Bistro – If you’re headed to the Eccles Theater for an upcoming event you might want to stop by Cuisine Unlimited’s onsite restaurant for a pre-show dinner. For the upcoming events of Elvis Lives and Matilda, the restaurant have the following nightly special menus, three courses priced at the wallet friendly $23.75:
Elvis Lives | February 18, 6–8 p.m.
* Choice of soup or salad
– Corn chowder
– Wedge salad with bacon, bleu cheese, grape tomatoes
* Choice of entree with with mashed potatoes & sautéed spinach
– Oven roasted buttermilk chicken
– Slow cooked BBQ beef brisket
– 3 cheese macaroni and cheese
* Dessert of chocolate peanut butter banana tart with candied bacon
Matilda the Musical | February 21-23, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. |February 24-25, 6-8 p.m. |February 26, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. | Matinee menu for Saturday & Sunday TBA
* Choice of soup or salad
– Chicken noodle soup
– Spinach salad with mandarin oranges, cranberries, toasted almonds & herb vinaigrette
* Choice of entree with with with herbed gnocchi, carrots, fennel, onions & mint
– Beef stroganoff
– Chicken tetrazzini
– Baked gnocchi marinara
* Dessert of chocolate layer cake
131 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Salt Lake Magazine Dining Awards – For 25 years, Salt Lake magazine’s Dining Awards have celebrated Utah’s best restaurants. The 2017 edition of the event will be held next week, February 21st at 6.30 p.m. The awards ceremony, honoring over 20 of Utah’s top chefs and restaurant luminaries will commence at 7 p.m. with a gala reception to follow.
This year, for the first time ever, a limited number of VIP tickets to the public are also on offer. Tickets are $100 each and are in limited supply. Ticket Info: https://saltlakemagazine.com/2017diningawards/.
“Attendees will sip champagne and rub elbows with Utah’s most accomplished chefs, restaurateurs, food makers and foodies,” said Mary Malouf, editor. “These guests will be among the first to hear this year’s winners while enjoying one of the best cocktail parties in Utah.”
VIP guests will enjoy a lavish buffet from Cuisine Unlimited, an artisanal charcuterie and cheese table from local food stars Creminelli Fine Meats and Beehive Cheese, select wines from Libation, Inc. and Vine Lore, award-winning craft beers from Squatters and Wasatch Breweries, signature cocktails from local distillers Sugar House Distillery and Beehive Gin, tastings from three Idaho wineries, a subscription to Salt Lake magazine and an exclusive swag bag that includes a specially published cookbook from all the winning restaurants.
A full menu for the event is as follows:
* Butler passed champagne before ceremony (awards run 7-7.30 p.m.)
* Chicken Skewer – petite pieces of chicken threaded on a bamboo skewer, offered with fig mustarda
* Roasted tricolor carrots with cardommon dipping sauce, in a votive shot glass
* Braised boneless beef short ribs, over whipped sweet potatoes, drizzled with a balsamic demi glaze
* Pork belly & roasted brussels sprouts skewers
* Vegetable samosa, peach chutney
* House cured salmon on salt bricks
* Crispy polenta square with sundried tomato tapenade
* Beehive artisan cheese & Creminelli salumi
* Array of cheese and fondue on granite slabs
* Hand passed desserts
– Merlot poached apricots and cherries with vanilla ice cream and biscotti
– Butternut and gingerbread pudding with whipped cream
– Meyer lemon ricotta cheesecake topped with dried fruit compote
– Pear hazelnut tart
The Falls Event Center
580 S 600 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
For even more food and beverage events coming up over the coming months see our events calendar.