Carol Shelton is widely cited as the most awarded winemaker in the United States. She has won countless medals for her wines and has been honored as winemaker of the year numerous times. After years of working with some of the industry’s top winemakers and wineries, Carol continues to win awards and accolades for premium Zinfandels produced under her own brand, Carol Shelton wines.
Tonight at Silver Fork both Shelton and local wine broker Francis Fecteau will be in attendance to introduce and explain the wines in question paired with a five course meal. Price is $50 per person for both wine and food.
11332 E Big Cottonwood Canyon Rd, Brighton, UT 84121
The Aerie * – If that’s a little last minute, what about something for the weekend? Head up the smaller of the Cottonwood canyons this Saturday (January 9th) and join another esteemed wine maker for another top notch event.
Peter Mondavi, Jr., owner and winemaker will be the guest speaker at the first of The Aerie’s pairing series dinners for 2016. A four course meal will be served, paired with Mondavi wines and cost is $99 per person for food and wine ($79 without wine). The evening begins at 6.30 p.m. with cocktails and appetizers, dinner starting at 7. The menu is as follows:
Reception & Appetizers
* Smoked trout cake, scallion aïoli, fried white truffle mac & cheese
* Charles Krug, Peter Mondavi family, sauvignon blanc, 2014, estate bottled St. Helena-Napa Valley, California
* Lobster, potato & country ham chowder
* Charles Krug, Peter Mondavi family, chardonnay, 2013 Carneros-Napa Valley, California
* Pickled beets, fingerling potatoes & green beans, black truffle vinaigrette
* Charles Krug, Peter Mondavi family, cabernet sauvignon, 2012, estate bottled Napa Valley, California
* Beef roulade stuffed with roasted tomatoes, parsley potato flan, onion relish, red wine sauce
* Charles Krug, Peter Mondavi family, family reserve, generations, 2012 estate bottled, Napa Valley, California
* Blue cheese panna cotta, port wine-poached pear, spiced pecans
* Charles Krug, Peter Mondavi family, zinfandel port, 2007, limited release Napa Valley, California
9320 S Cliff Lodge Drive # 088, Snowbird, UT 84092
WTF! Wine Theater Food * – Finally, if you’re instead searching for that festive party spirit to light up January – look no further than the latest WTF! Wine Theater Food event on January 16th. Limited to just 200 people, this wintertime social takes over the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center. WTF features some of the best local restaurants, libations and live performance entertainment. WTF breaks down as follows:
WINE curated by Tracey Thompson of Vine Lore Wine and Spirits includes boutique selections from family-owned wineries. On the spirit side, Takashi‘s Rich Romney is working with Beehive Distilling, Copper Onion with High West Distillery and Whiskey Street with the new kid in town among local distilleries – Kid Curry Vodka. Lagers and ales from Epic Brewing will be poured too.
THEATER At 9 p.m. catch a performance in the Black Box theater by award winning SB Dance (the event supports the organization directly including a silent auction) followed by the signature dropping of the disco ball for dancing until 10:30 p.m.
FOOD from some of SLC’s best including: The Annex, Avenues Bistro, Copper Onion, Manoli’s, Mazza, Provisions, Whiskey Street, Zest; sweets provided by 3 Cups and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory/City Creek.
The event runs 6.30 p.m. until 10.30 p.m. on January 16th. Early bird tickets are priced $55 per person or $100 for two and can be purchased online now.
Rose Wagner Theater, 138 West 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
* Gastronomic SLC is a proud local partner of Vinelore.
Founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC and The Utah Review. Former restaurant critic at the Salt Lake Tribune. Stuart is largely fueled by Uinta Cutthroat, alliteration and the use of too many big words he doesn’t understand. Ate all the pies.