Events: Tots For Toys, Silver Star Cafe, La Caille
Yelp SLC – Ever the playful bunch, the good folks at Yelp SLC are putting a cool twist on a popular holiday tradition this December.
Donate a toy during the dates below, at one of the following restaurants, and not only will your toy be passed along to Toys For Tots, but the restaurant in question will reward your generosity with a free order of tater tots. Double win.
Grab a plateful of these barrel-shaped potato babies for free at the following restaurants on the following dates:
Thursday, December 4th
Wednesday, December 10th
Tuesday, December 16th
Wasatch Brew Pub Sugar House
Note: please donate only new, unwrapped toysSilver Star Cafe – Silver Star Cafe is known for their home-style cooking. Featured on Food Networks Diners, Drive-ins and Dives with Guy Fieri in an episode titled Cross Country Comfort Foods, Rand McNally of USA Today noted, “Loved everything about this place…the friendly, savvy owners care about fabulous food…spectacular”.
Road 31 Wine Company is known for making outstanding Pinot Noir. Wine-maker Kent Fortner is one of the nicest guys in the business* and enjoys sharing is experiences making wine in Napa. “I’m a tiny, one-man show, and I like it that way. I deliver in the green truck itself whenever possible.” ~ Kent Fortner.
If that duo sounds good to you, you’re in luck. Silver Star and Road 31 team up on December 2nd at 6:30 PM for a fabulous wine dinner, priced at $75.00. After a welcome social with local cheese and sparkling wine, the menu for the evening is as follows:
* Braised pork belly with braised white beans, caramelized apples, Carolina BBQ sauce
* Poseidon Vineyard chardonnay, Carneros, 2013
* Duck confit carbonara with house-made pasta, eggs, cream and Parmesan
* Road 31 pinot noir, Napa Valley, 2012
* Short rib “bourguignon” with slow braised short rib, whipped potatoes, onions,mushrooms, carrots, cabernet gravy
* Obsidian Ridge cabernet sauvignon, Napa Valley, 2011
* House-made dessert trio
1825 3 Kings Dr, Park City, UT 84060
www.thesilverstarcafe.comLa Caille – Spend an evening at La Caille with Symington Family Estates* – award winning producers of Port and Portuguese wine since 1652. There is much to learn about port, and host Rui Rubiero is just the man to educate. Rui received his degree from Villa Real University in Douro, Portugal. He fell in love with the Duoro while working in the vineyards and later became a winemaker. The meal runs 6:30-9:00 PM on December 3rd and is priced $60 for food and $35 for wine pairings. Menu is as follows:
* Seared scallop and truffle risotto
* Dow’s white Port
* Venison carpaccio
* Prazo de Roriz 2011
* Roasted Duck Breast
* Dow’s vale do momfim 2011
* Cheese Course
* Dow’s quinta do bomfim vintage Port 1999
* Dow’s colheita tawny 2002
* Bittersweet chocolate cake and frozen pistachio nougat
* Graham’s 20 year old tawny
* Graham’s six grapes old vines special edition
9565 Wasatch Blvd, Sandy, UT 84092
* Gastronomic SLC is a proud local partner of Vine Lore, who are promoting both the La Caille and Silver Star events.
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I’m the founder, writer and wrangler at Gastronomic SLC and The Utah Review; I’m also a former restaurant critic of more than five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I’ve worked extensively with other local publications from Utah Stories through to Salt Lake Magazine and Visit Salt Lake.
I’m a multiple-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah dining scene for more than a decade. I’m largely fueled by Uinta Cutthroat, alliteration and the use of too many big words I don’t understand. I ate all the pies.
This site is 100% free of intrusive third party ads through the generous headline sponsorship by The Gateway - SLC's premier entertainment destination.